Paying the Application Fee and Deposit
To Pay from a Foreign Bank Account, Foreign Credit/Debit Card or Wire Transfer
This option is only for application fee and tuition deposit payments for the Intensive English Program and Speaking and Listening for Communication. The University of Pittsburgh partners with Flywire to provide a fast and secure way to make international education payments. For more information and how to pay your application fee and deposit, please see the ELI’s Application Fee & Deposit page.
To Pay from a US Bank Account or USD Money Order
If you wish to pay your application fee and deposit from a US bank account, please write a check or a money order in USD, made payable to “University of Pittsburgh” and mail with your completed application to:
University of Pittsburgh
English Language Institute
Parkvale Building, M13
200 Meyran Avenue,
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 USA
Paying Tuition and University Fees
For the Intensive English Program, Speaking and Listening for Communication, and all Summer Programs, new students can pay tuition and required university fees only after taking the placement test and registering for classes with the student advisor. Tuition and university fees can be paid in the following ways:
- A check or money order in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank
- Online payment at http://my.pitt.edu (click on PittPay Login)
- American Express, Discover Card, or MasterCard (VISA is not accepted at this time). There is an additional 2.75% service fee for all credit card payments.
- WEB eCheck using an American bank account
For more information on how to pay tuition, please visit the University of Pittsburgh's Student Payment Center.
For TOEFL Prep and CCC, payment may be made by cash (in person) or by check; no credit cards.
- If the ELI cancels a class, the ELI will refund the application fee and tuition deposit to the applicant.
- If the applicant tests too low for the ELI, the applicant can be refunded the tuition deposit.
- Sponsored students will receive a $300 tuition deposit refund once their sponsor pays the tuition for the first term in full.
- No refunds are given for Summer Programs or Community Education Courses unless the course is canceled.
- If you wish to drop one or more of your classes in the Intensive English Program, you should immediately inform both the ELI Admissions Officer in Room M13 of the Parkvale Building and the ELI student advisor, Stacy Ranson.
- If you drop courses before the end of the Add/Drop period, you will receive a full refund for the amount paid (minus the $300 deposit) and your bill will be canceled.
- If you drop courses after the end of the Add/Drop period, you will NOT receive any refund. Your bill from the University will NOT be canceled.
- Note: The Add/Drop period is when English Language Institute students can add/drop classes they have registered for. The period ends one week after the first day of ELI classes.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Travel between the U.S. and some countries has been interrupted due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. If you have been accepted at the ELI and you are unable to enter the U.S. as a result of these travel restrictions, please contact the ELI at email@example.com. If necessary, you can defer your attendance to a future term.
You can also find more information and updates on the novel coronavirus at the University of Pittsburgh Public Safety and Emergency Management website.