- Use the ELI Online Application Form to apply to the ELI's Intensive English Program, Speaking and Listening for Communication, or Professional and Academic English Program.
- For all other courses and programs, complete the application form in the "Application Process and Deadline" section on the web page for that course or program.
- Admission to the English Language Institute does not include admission to the University of Pittsburgh. This application is ONLY for admission to non-credit courses and programs in the ELI.
Student Handbook and Student Code of Conduct
- Please review the ELI Student Handbook for specific policies and procedures that apply to students in our program.
- All students at the University of Pittsburgh are expected to review and are required to follow the University's Student Code of Conduct. The Student Code of Conduct explains what is appropriate and inappropriate behavior for students, and the disciplinary action or punishment students may face if they violate these rules and policies. For the most up-to-date Student Code of Conduct, visit the University's Student Affairs web page and click on the "Code of Conduct" box.
If you are a professional international student recruitment agent or agency and would like to be considered for an agent agreement to recruit students for eligible ELI programs, please contact ELI Director, Dawn E. McCormick, for more information. Please note, in order to receive commission:
- The agent must have a valid signed agent agreement with the ELI before the student registers and pays for classes. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the review of your agent application, contacting references, and processing of the agreement. The ELI cannot pay commission to any agent or agency that does not have a valid signed agent agreement in our system before the student registers and pays for classes.
- The student must also indicate the name of the agent or agency in section of F of his/her application to the ELI.