Our non-credit classes are available to learners of English who are:
- overseas and want to come to the University of Pittsburgh to improve their English (I-20s can be issued for F-1 student visa for select programs.)
- in the City of Pittsburgh and surrounding areas or anywhere in the US
- studying at an English program in the US but want to transfer to our program
- students, staff, and faculty at the University of Pittsburgh
- For classes in the Intensive English Program and the Speaking & Listening for Communication course, University of Pittsburgh employee education benefits may be available for eligible faculty, staff, librarians, research associates, and post-doctoral research associates and scholars, as well as their spouse/domestic partner and dependent child(ren).
Intensive English Program
- Our Intensive English Program consists of 20 hours per week of studies (full-time). I-20s can be issued for student visas (F-1).
- Part-time study in the Intensive English Program and Speaking and Listening for Communication are available for students who are not on a student visa (F-1) sponsored by the ELI.
- The Intensive English Program is CEA-accredited.
- Professional and Academic English Program (PAEP) for incoming graduate students and professionals
- English as a Foreign Language Program for International Teachers (EFLPIT)
- US Law and Legal English (LLEP)
Community Education Courses
- Speaking and Listening for Communication (Remote for Fall 2023)
- Community Conversation Course (CCC) (satisfies academic study requirements for international Au Pairs)
- TOEFL Preparation Course (Contact ELI Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- IELTS Preparation Course (Contact ELI Admissions at email@example.com.)
- Custom programs can be developed for your school, business, or government organization for groups of 15 or more.
Tuition and fees
Information about tuition and fees for all programs